MyCity.lk and all its subsidiaries not limited to ShopMO, TasteMO, TravelMO, StayMO, PlayMO is brought to you by MyCity.lk, Y Junction, Thimbirigaskatuwa, Negombo, Sri Lanka.
Your ‘MyCity’ Account
When using the services that we provide, you may need to sign up and create a personal MyCity account with us by entering your email address and a password, in order to access some of the stated services. Please note that ensuring the confidentiality of your own password used to register is solely your responsibility and that MyCity.lk will not be held accountable for any personal account breaches pertaining to this matter. You must note that you are responsible for all the activity that takes place in your personal MyCity account – thereby, you must note to enter a ‘strong’ password that will not be easily accessible by a third-party, in order to enforce the safety of your account with us.
Using Our Services
- Post any false or misleading information
- Infringe any third-party right
- Dispense and circulate any content including spam, chain mail, pyramid schemes
- Spread any viruses, cyberattacks or any other technologies that may cause harm to MyCity.lk, its users, account holders and stakeholders
- Obstruct and hinder the services of MyCity.lk by levying an irrational capacity on our infrastructural content
- Copy, amend and/or circulate any other person’s content as your own
- Try to access MyCity.lk in order to collect content or for any other purpose by using any automated means (robot/spider/scraper) without our prior written permission
- Obtain any personal and confidential information about other users or stakeholders, including email addresses, without their consent
- Bypass any protocols taken to prevent and restrict third-party access into MyCity.lk
Abusing Our Services at MyCity.lk
Notwithstanding any of the aforementioned particulars, MyCity.lk or its members of staff will not be held liable for any third-party disruptions caused in terms of consistently monitoring MyCity.lk for unconstitutional or prohibited content posted on MyCity.lk – regardless if the aforementioned steps are practiced in order to remove any illicit content posted on MyCity.lk that is in dispute with our policies.
Fees and Services
We offer few of our services for free-of-charge in general. However, we may still charge you for specific services offered by MyCity.lk. Please note that all our payments would be in Sri Lankan Rupees for the time being, however in the feature you may see us accept cryptocurrency payment, and if the services that you have selected requires you to pay a fee, you may review this charge prior to proceeding with any payment. We have set up a standardised list of payment details, however, please note that the prices listed are subject to change in the future, at any given time, and these changes will be displayed on our website in accordance. We may change our price lists provisionally to fall in accordance with any promotional events or introductory services, which would be effective when such events are announced on our website.
Please note that our fees are non-refundable, and you are to ensure that the payments are made in a timely manner when they are due. If you fail to make any payment at any stage, we may limit your access to our services. If your payment method (such as a direct debit method) fails, or in the occasion that your account is overdue, we may collect the fees owed by you via other means of collection (for accounts overdue exceeding 180 days, you will be allowing us to instruct PayPal to deduct the amount owed from your PayPal balance).
Sri Lankan taxes supplemented with our Services will also be collected where applicable. As a user, you would thereby agree to provide correct and accurate contact information, including addresses, in order to ensure that MyCity.lk is able to comply with any obligations under any pertinent laws within Sri Lanka. In the case that the required information provided is not accurate, MyCity.lk will in discretion determine and collect the appropriate taxes pertaining to each specific scenario. You are solely responsible to obtain and settle any taxes that may be applicable due to a sale of your items advertised on MyCity.lk. We have ensured that almost all of the Services and functions of MyCity.lk remains the same in accessibility on all platforms both web and mobile, it must be noted that in some occasions, some features may not function as expected depending on the website and/or mobile device that you use to access our Services.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (User Content Verification (UCV))
Please follow these guidelines if you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed –
- Only the owner of the content or material of the property that is potentially being infringed is able to report this through MyCity.lk’s UCV Program.
- If you believe that your original content and material, including but not limited to your copyrights, trademarks, licensing or any other form of intellectual property was infringed and publicised on any of our platforms, please Click Here to fill and submit the Declaration of Infringement (DOI). Upon receiving your DOI, MyCity.lk will obtain further confirmation from you based on the content and information stated in your form.
We reserve the right to share your completed DOI with the party that have posted your potentially infringed content, in agreement with pertinent laws and regulations.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
You must acknowledge that due to the factor that the content forecasted on our website is primarily published by other users, such as yourself, we cannot assure or warrant for the accuracy, comprehensiveness, effectiveness or timeliness of any of the postings or correspondence, the quality, safety or legality of what is offered by other users. We are also unable to guarantee the continuous or secure access to our Services. Functionality of notifications in our Services may not occur in real time. Such matters are subject to delays that are beyond our control, including and not limited to the user’s physical location or your date service provider’s network. As such, the extent to which it is legally permitted, we renounce all licenses, depictions and circumstances, express or inferred, including those of quality, merchantability, serviceable quality, durability, fitness for a specific purpose and those ascending by decree.
We are not to be held accountable for any loss, whether of monetary value (including profit), goodwill, or repute, or any special, unintended, or consequential damages arising due to your use of MyCity.lk, even if we are informed by you or we could rationally foresee the leeway of any such destruction transpiring. Some authorities in certain scenarios do not permit the renunciation of warranties or elimination of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. Despite what was stated previously, in the occasion that we are found to be predisposed and accountable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in agreement, misdemeanour, negligence, strict liability in misdemeanour, by ruling or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 10,000 Sri Lankan Rupees.
You will indemnify and hold harmless MyCity.lk and its subsidiaries and affiliates and other officials, directors, agents and members of staff, hereunto addressed as the “Indemnified Party”, from any claim bought forward by a third-party, along with any sums payable to the third party in reason for settlement or as awarded, with equitable legal expenses incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties pertaining to any matters upon your usage of our Services, including of any suspected violations by you of any applicable legislature or regulation. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive justification and governing of any complication subject to indemnification by you at our own expense, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
In certain situations, you may be asked to review which is inclusive of a 1 to 5-star rating when messaging other users via MyCity.lk. You are to rate your experience between 1 and 5 stars, along with your reason for your selection. Thus, your review, along with your username and profile photo (if available), and the category of the seller’s listing would be made visible to the public. Hence, user reviews must be submitted in good faith, ensuring that both parties involved (i.e. – yourself and other user) are depicted fairly, in terms of the correspondence maintained between the two parties.
When leaving a review, one must note to –
- Always be truthful about the correspondence that occurred between you and the other user on the MyCity platform,
- Never attempt to harass or abuse the other user in way of leaving a review
- Never attempt to manipulate or mislead other users of MyCity.lk
In order to sustain the integrity of the review system, users are unable to edit or remove reviews on their profiles or another user’s when the review is made. Please note, MyCity.lk will not undertake any mediation between review-related disputes or matters; hence, the reviews posted on our website is merely the opinions stated of other users based on their experiences and therefore not any personal sentiments or beliefs of MyCity.lk or its members of staff. We reserve the right to review and remove such reviews that we believe to be in violation of our policies. Please Click Here for more information on our User Review Policy.
Y Junction, Thimbirigaskatuwa,
Negombo, Sri Lanka.
We will send any noteworthy announcements to our users via the email addresses that is provided, or via Registered Mail through Sri Lanka Post. Notices sent through Registered Mail will be considered received, five (5) days following the date of mailing. We may update this policy at any time, with any of the updates taking place when you next use the MyCity.lk website, or after 30 days, depending on which occurs first. No other amendment to such agreements will be effective unless it is done so in writing, signed by the users and by us. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints pertaining to this matter, please do not hesitate to lodge those to MyCity Customer Support Centre.
Use of the MyCity Mobile Application
MyCity.lk hereby gives you the right to use the MyCity Mobile Application in accordance with the following restrictive clauses held in place.
You may not:
- Alter, reproduce, distribute, warrant, vend or otherwise commercialise the MyCity App or any information or software related with the App in any manner
- Rent, lease or transfer rights to this application
- Use the MyCity App that could damage the App or inhibit with any party’s usage or satisfaction gained from the App
Use of the MyCity Mobile Application
Sri Lanka’s Policy on Prohibition & Foreign-Trade Regulations
The MyCity Mobile Application nor its underlying technology are to be downloaded to, or exported or re-exported in any given situation:
- Into (or to an individual who is a resident or national of) any country subject to Sri Lankan embargo
- To an individual who is considered a Specially Designated National or a Denied Party or Entity List of the Ministry of Finance, Sri Lanka or the Department of Commerce, Sri Lanka respectively, and
- To any country, individual, end-user or other entities or bodies in prohibition, that is specified by the Sri Lankan export laws.
When using the MyCity App, you responsible and in discretion for complying with all the trade regulations pertaining to both foreign and domestic laws as imposed by the Sri Lanka government (i.e. – you are not based in a country that is subject to the Sri Lankan embargo, or one that has been designated by the Sri Lankan government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and you are thereby not listed on any of the prohibited or restricted parties by the Sri Lankan government).
If you are using an iOs device – Apple
- We hereby allow you, the user, the right to use the MyCity App only on as iOS device that you own or control as endorsed and permitted by the Usage Rules stated in Apple’s App Store Media Services list of Terms and Conditions.
- Apple is in no obligation in any means to provision any maintenance or support services pertaining to the MyCity App.
- Apple is not be held accountable for the inquiry, justification, reimbursement, and acquittal of any third-party intellectual property infringement claim.
- Apple is not in any circumstance to be held liable for addressing any claims by you or any third-party relating to the MyCity App or the user’s possession and/or use of the MyCity App, including and not limited to
- Product liability claims
- Claims relating to the MyCity App failing to follow with any applicable legal or regulatory obligations
- Claims arising under the Consumer Protection Authority or any similar legislative body
- In the event that the MyCity App fails to follow through with any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, where Apple may refund the purchase price, if applicable, of the App to you, and to the maximum degree permitted by pertinent laws, Apple will have no other contract commitments in any means in terms of the App.
If you are using an Android device – Google
- The MyCity App must be used in compliance with Google’s current Google Play Store Terms of Service
- You must acknowledge that Google is solely the provider of Google Play Store, the platform in which you downloaded the MyCity App